Nilvana Vision Studio - How To configure Gmail SMTP
In order to send notification mails to vision studio users, you need to configure an SMTP server that will take care of the delivery of your system emails. Thanks to the free Gmail SMTP service, you can send system emails for free. In this step-by-step tutorial, we will teach you how to setup your SMTP server.
Before you start
You need to create & use App Passwords in your Google Account, you can refer to the official help center - Sign in with App Passwords
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select Security
- Under "Signing in to Google", select "App Passwords". You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
- Make sure you have enabled 2-step verification in your account.
- At the bottom, choose "Select app" and choose the app you using "Select device" and choose the device you’re using "Generate".
- Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Tap "Done".
- Go to Security → Less secure app access
Set up system notifications
- Sign in to your Vision Studio.
- Tap your "Avatar" and Select "Email System".
- Fill out the required fields according to the instructions below:
- SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- User Name: Enter your Gmail Account.
- Password: Enter Your 16-character App Password.
- Sender Name: Enter a name as you like.
- Sender Email Address: Enter your Gmail Account Again. If you enter a different Gmail Account, your system emails will go to spam.
- Tick TLS and Credentials.
- You can click Send a test email to see if the settings are correct.
- If you would like to turn off system notifications, you can switch the Active to Inactive button.